Green Skills & Practices for Postal Services to Implement the European Green Deal
The project has been developed in response to the need to reduce the carbon footprint of the postal sector in view of the vehicle fleet it operates, the various transportation modes used, the large number of buildings and the considerable consumption of electricity, water and paper.
Main Goal: Develop the green skills and knowledge of postal employees by providing a training programme for putting the European Green Deal into practice.
In particular, the following objectives are expected to be achieved through the training programme:
- Set a clear, long-term direction with flexibility to adapt to new evidence and circumstances.
- Provide robust and credible reporting, governance and accountability.
- Put in place strong local leadership and a more integrated delivery framework.
- Resource, set incentives and support sustainable finance, including from the private sector.
- Make sure everyone plays their part in delivering the improved environment we all want.
- Managers and employees of postal operators, including local post offices staff.
Project activities will lead to achieving four project results:
- GreenPosts Assessment Tool.
- Training Course “Implementing the European Green Deal in Posts“.
- Peer-to-Peer Success Stories Videos.
- Virtual Think Thank.
International Project Meetings:
- Transnational meetings: a kick-off meeting (January 2022), two mid-term meetings (May & October 2022) and a final meeting (October 2023).
Project No: 2021-1-HR01-KA220-VET-000028068
Total Budget: 195,468 euro
Bulgarian Posts’ Budget: 31,214 euro
Duration: 1.11.2021 – 31.10.2023
Project Leader: Croatian Post
Partners: Bulgarian Posts; Cyprus Post; Hellenic Post S.A. – ELTA; Future Needs Management Consulting Ltd.