ENTRY OF ELECTRONIC ADVANCE DATA FOR CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS WHEN SENDING INTERNATIONAL ITEMS WITH GOODS
We would like to inform you that in addition to the USA, Russia and Japan, as of 17 August 2020 it is mandatory to submit electronic advance data for customs declarations for outbound items containing goods sent to Ukraine as well. The submission of electronic advance data for customs declarations for all countries will be introduced in several stages. The requirement to provide electronic advance data for customs declarations has been imposed by the World Customs Organization.
The data is an electronic equivalent of forms CN22 and CN 23, embedded in CP72, which should be submitted in advance to the postal operators of the countries of destination.
In view of the above, when accepting items with goods employees will enter the following data in Bulgarian Posts’ software product:
- Declared value of the item indicated by the sender in forms CN22 and CN 23/CP72/;
- Currency (EUR or USD);
- Contents (sale of goods, returned goods, gift, trade sample, documents or mixed contents);
- Commodity code according to the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System of the World Customs Organization;
- Net weight of each commodity inserted in the item;
- Value of each commodity inserted in the item;
- Country of origin of the goods (the customer indicates the country of origin);
- Description of the documents accompanying the goods inserted in the item (if any). For example, invoice number, parcel form, etc.
In connection with the entry of electronic advance data for customs declarations, additional time is required for handling the items upon acceptance.
We kindly ask you to show understanding and patience while employees fill in the required data as well as to provide assistance by entering correct and complete data in forms CN22 and CN 23/CP72/ and by giving all necessary information to Bulgarian Posts’ employees.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!